Friday, August 2, 2013

Intern vs Technology

August 1
Day 19

Hi. Sorry I didn't post this yesterday, but Blogger was having problems for some reason.

Yesterday I spent most of the day trying to get the new processing method that we are using to work. My adviser was not here for most of the day and we had a major communication error about how to make the files that left me sitting there not knowing what to do, unable to ask him because he was in meetings for 3 hours. So I tried to work on some other files that he gave me to do when I got tired of the first project. The disk drive that the other files, which are some pages of Livingston's journals he kept when exploring Africa,  are on was completely unrecognized by my computer. It did not show up anywhere. So I tried to do my blog, but Blogger did not want to work. Apparently technology has some kind of personal vendetta against me. Since I couldn't do any of that work, and by this point I had been trying for around 2 hours, I went back to working on the Saint Catherine's files. My adviser did eventually show up. He told me the correct instructions and I was finally able to get some work done.

Overall, it was a stressful day and I am looking forward to tomorrow and the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment