Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Return of the Annoying Technology

July 31
Day 18

Hello, did you miss me? I was out yesterday so I didn't do a blog. But I'm back.
This morning was reasonably quiet, I spent most of it making image cubes for a new manuscript that I am working on. Those don't take long, but they do get tedious. After I calibrated the cubes I am going to take certain bands and, using  common principal and independent components, turn the images into a Polynomial Texture Map. It's confusing, and even my adviser hasn't used this method of imaging before, so it is going to take a lot of trial and error to find the right system. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be too confusing once I can actually get started. Unfortunately I  have not been able to start making the PTMs yet because the computer has decided to go on strike and not accept any disk drives when I plug them in. That and confusion over which disk drive that data that I need is one has caused me to lose a large chunk of the afternoon. By tomorrow (I hope) I will have the files so that I can get started working. Why, technology, do you feel the need to be so troublesome? Why?

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day, and I can get more imaging done. But that really all depends on my computer.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment