Monday, July 29, 2013

Clean Room Conclusion and New Projects

July 29
Day 16

Hello. we finished building the clean room today It was a lot of fun and a great break from working on manuscripts endlessly. I really miss robotics; building things and working on a team. Hopefully the clean room will be wired and ready for use soon and that research can get started in it.

Today Roger came back with new data for us from LA. I get to work on Polynomial Texture Mapping images of two manuscripts in Latin and possibly a Roman mummy portrait and a Roman statute. The Latin manuscripts are exciting because I took Latin in school and I am able to translate the visible parts. Its really cool to be able to use something that you learned in school in the real world. I am very excited about this because it I a new type of processing and I get to do something different than what I have been doing for the last 3 weeks. I am hopeful that these images will turn out well. If you are interested look up Polynomial Texture Mapping, its really cool. It involves taking pictures of an object with the light coming from different angles then compiling them all together and essentially creating a 3D image.

DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment