Hi. Today was another day of battling with technology. My computer decided to not recognize any disk drives, so I couldn't get any more data. Eventually I was able to get back to work but the computer issues are really slowing me down. I managed to get through the rest of the high priority leaves that I was supposed to do. These are the most difficult ones, so now I get to enjoy some easier ones. I found some really cool symbols on one of the leaves, much larger than any of the other characters. I wonder what the are. Unfortunately, I don't read Old Georgian so I have no idea.
I also discovered that when using this software and trying to make the undertext more visible the parchment can look really cool. When trying to reveal the undertext you put different bands in to the red, green, and blue parts if the image. This makes the text change colors, and any dirt or other stuff on the page also change. By the end the parchment kind of looks like dragon skin or a galaxy, lots of colors and swirls and spots. I'm really surprised that no one has used this to make art.
The highlight of the day was having lunch outside and playing volleyball with the other interns. Every Friday a grill is set up outside and anyone in the building can go cook and picnic outside. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.
Overall, my first week was great and I'm looking forward to the rest of the summer.